HomeSatates News5-year-old dies after coming in contact with live wire in south Delhi’s...

5-year-old dies after coming in contact with live wire in south Delhi’s Neb Sarai | Delhi News


NEW DELHI: A five-year-old boy died after coming in contact with a live electric wire in south Delhi’s Neb Sarai on Wednesday. Two children also sustained severe injuries.
The children were playing near a slum cluster when they accidentally came in contact with the live wire.
Police said that at 4.40pm, they received a call regarding a live electric wire lying on the road.
“During probe, it was found that three boys — aged 5-6 years — had sustained injuries and were taken to Max hospital for treatment,” an officer said adding that all were residents of Khanpur.
Deputy commissioner of police (south) Atul Kumar Thakur said a live electric wire of one of the temporary connections fell on the ground causing the casualty. “A case has been registered,” the officer said.
According to neighbours, children went out to play and one of them accidentally touched the wire and got electrocuted. “Other children rushed to save him, but they also received electric shocks,” one of the neighbours said. One of the children died in hospital.
On September 5, a five-year-old boy died due to electrocution in southwest Delhi’s Moti Bagh.





Source link

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments